Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Job Update




I realize I haven't posted any news about the new job. The basics: I really like the job because of the people. Big surprise there right? The work is better. I am enjoying it more and I can definitely see the potential for it to be more rewarding than my previous job. But I just don't care about any of that. I enjoy people and the people at my new job are cool.

After being here a few weeks I feel like I've learned a little bit about most of the people I work with. There is a fellow Eagle Scout and he serves as my quasi-manager. He is also into some cool jams (he gave me all of Dropkick Murphy's cds.) There are two people, one older and one younger, who are strong believers. Typically that doesn't matter much to me, but somehow there's a level of comfort by having people around who just "get it." My lifestyle often generates a lot of curious questions from people who don't. One my favorite peeps is this super cool/mellow little hippie guy who plays bass in a couple bands. We talk about music, guns, Tuscaloosa, and anything in between. There's a young gentleman who plays WoW and is awaiting the release of StarCraft II, and therefore I immediately formed a friendship with him. I also work with a fellow iPhoner and he has become the funniest guys in the office to me. Whatever he says crack me up, I've left crying a few times...great guy. There is a die-hard Auburn fan who seems to be in denial and though I don't work with him much he seems pretty sure of himself. Finally my boss, who I know the least about but that might be a good thing.

So there you go. No major incidents thus far. I did fall out of my chair once and knock down my white-board which was embarrassing, but I got over it.

1 comment:

kendall said...

sounds fun.. oh and the Dropkick Murphy's are great :)
[I wake up every morning to Shipping Up to Boston and Paper Planes lol]