Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Malnutrition?

This is me being sad. For no particular reason I came home from the gym last night in a foul mood. I have been in the same foul mood this morning.

Well, there actually are some pretty good reasons to be sad. First of all, I gained a pound yesterday because I ate like a pig. I went to an "all-you-can-eat" sushi buffet and literally ate "all-that-I-could-eat". For dinner, I had Milo's...double cheeseburger, french fries, extra sauce, apple pie. After all that food, I go to the gym expecting a miracle and what do you know, I gained a pound. At the sight of gaining a pound I loose all confidence in dieting and working out and I resolve within myself that it is all pointless and I should just give up. I came home and put on my sad face.

I hopped in the shower, talked to God a little bit, and decided that it was my fault I gained a pound. I remembered that dieting really is working, and regardless of how much weight I gain or loose it is worth it to live a healthier life. I decided to take a picture of my sad face so that I can document exactly how ridiculous my mood swings are sometimes.

My lymph-nodes are swollen. It took me awhile to decide that those crazy giant bumps in several peculiar places might actually be important. At first i didn't think anything of it. When they didn't "go away" and I decided they were lymph-nodes, I did a little more research. Having lymph-nodes swollen in multiple places is really really not a good thing. From what I gathered off of web-md, it means you either have cancer OR your body is fighting off an infection. Well I haven't been noticeably sick, other than a few sniffles. So I did what all rational men do...I panicked. I started thinking I had cancer. It scared the shit out of me. Then I read another article online that said I should wait at least a month before I officially panicked. Because your lymph-nodes are part of your lymphatic system, they are prone to react to changes in your body's cycles. What I've determined is I have recently drastically changed my physical activities and I've recently struggled with pollen, therefore my lymph-nodes have swollen. I noticed yesterday that they have gone down considerably.

There are two things that I am tired of dealing with; painting the youth room, and girls.

This is a picture of me just after finishing the ceiling in the youth room. My fingernails still have black crap showing. I'm tired of my work-neighbors telling me I should shower. My feet hurt just thinking about painting. I'm tired of stressing over that stupid freaking paint-gun.

Seriously, when I dream, I dream about having a theater where we can play rock band and show movies. I think about the students that could come and enjoy our drinks, our popcorn, and maybe learn a thing or two about Jesus. I guess it doesn't matter how tired I am of painting. The painting is only the process by which we will "earn" a platform for ministry. God has challenged me, and I want to meet that challenge.

I am tired of dealing with girls. I have awesome girls in my life. There's not a single girl-friend (not girlfriend) in my life that I don't love dearly. But really, girls are from another planet. I don't understand. I may never understand. At the peak of my dismay, the point to which I'm ready to give up and never try again, I fall back into "the trap". You know, I've realized that I CAN be single. I've been single for years and years. Last girlfriend -> 1 month ago. Last girlfriend before her -> 6 months. Last girlfriend before her -> 3 years. Last girlfriend before her -> 2 years. I know I can be single. Things are so much more simple when I'm single. Make sense? Of course it doesn't :)

This post is in honor of Kendall and Staci. Both girls. Both crazy. It is impossible for me to completely understand them. Yet I love them both dearly, and they frequently post random factoids about their life. So I decided to imitate.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

lol...I'm trying to decide if it's a compliment to have the "girls are confusing" blog dedicated to me.

but we are confusing. I confuse myself a great deal of the time. You'd probably be much happier if you just stopped trying to crack the code. lol.

zaner said...

haha...yeah, that's what I've decided.

Jenny said...

I can honestly say that the girl code can never be cracked - and the boy code can never be understood. The fact that Nick and I have been married this long amazes me! :0) I say don't stress about it.

LeAlan Carter Jr. said...

You might be having problems with girls because a lot of times you act a lot like one. We need to do some many things together and get some hair back on your chest. These mood swings and over worrying are related to your mangina's menstrual cycle. Lets go do something cheap and manly sometime soon, before you start looking for a good base makeup.

Love you Bro!