Monday, March 31, 2008

Not Public / Blog Guidelines

I don't have anything of value to post. I really would like to blog more often, however it is hard to just make stuff up to talk about. I would like to blog more often, simply because its fun. It is nice to have a random thought, share it through a blog, and then wait for people to respond. That brings me to my next point. We should comment on other's blogs more often. This makes blogging more fun because it completes the circle of bloglife. Without the comments blogs seem impersonal, bleak, and boring.

By the way, I do have stuff I would like to blog about. However, it is too personal to blog at this time. Josh, my roommate, suggested that we not share so much personal stuff on public blogs. Sometimes personal stuff should not be carelessly thrown into the blogosphere. I say a good rule of thumb is if you can't say it in real life, then you shouldn't be blogging about it.

To make up for my lack of quality blog, I will post some funny emergency warning signs. You can find the rest at safenow.org.





If a door is closed, karate chop it open.











If your building collapses, climb under your table and practice yoga postures.









Try to absorb as much of the radiation as possible with your groin region. The current world record is 5 minutes, 12 seconds.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hm. I agree to an extent.
I think there are certain places where personal blogging is okay...but perhaps that's not blogging, that's journaling.
I think as long as you're aware of your audience everything is cool.

There are things I would post here...that I would say aloud in certain groups of people...but not every group of people. ya know?

anywho.
hope you're having a good day mista.
love love.

kendall said...

I disagree.
If your not blogging whats on your heart or whats going on with you then why even do it... its not a popularity thing, its an update thing, its a journal thing, its an understanding that we are all in this together. I think that everyone should share whats on their heart and even if you cant say it.. their are alternatives to it such as blogging... what should the people do who don't have a group or a friend to share it with? just thoughts.

I think some people use these as an outlet to get out everything when they don't know how to say it correctly or people use them to read and get inspiration or read it for some kind of hope because maybe just maybe someone is going thru the same crap as them. Don't blog just to make something up or think that it has to be something of value... blog your life or your thoughts or some funny random story or a quote or the thought that slipped your mind today or scripture.. blog truth. All these things can maybe help someone or minister or be a light to someone who is just wondering thru the dark. Sometimes you have to take in account the people who aren't right in your face or at arms length... ya know. If we have the opportunity to touch someone in more ways than one.. why not do it?

I think you have tons of great things to share zane don't sell them too short or think they aren't of value... I have heard so many things come out of your mouth that was good and had things that you've said make me step back and think about what I was doing...and things that have been light and truth to me personally when I was in a dark time.

I got this message from a young lady I had never really meet... just knew her thru passing. Added her on myspace and she had been lurking my blog...

[you dont know me, i found your myspace because i was lurking morgans page.. but i wanted to thank you for writing this. God led me to your blog for a reason and what you have written about is something i've been struggling with lately. and reading this entry encouraged me to keep striving and keep doing my best to be pure despite what my friends do or say. so thank you. God bless!]

If I get one of these for every 100 blogs that would ok for me... God can work in many, many ways and I totally believe this is one.

grace and peace
merl


btw thanks for the laugh.. I needed it this morning.

Jenny said...

I think that I'm more true to what I blog than how I talk. I usually need some thought and quiet time to blog - in conversation, it's harder for me to get my thoughts together. Not sure why but that's me I guess... and I love blogging and sharing my pics! But yes, I do keep some things private and I do not like to slam people in my blogs... (sorry Claire). I love reading everyone's blogs and seeing what they are up to - I check them all the time. That's crazy!