Monday, May 19, 2008

Big Dreams

Please allow me to summarize the last three hours of my life last night.

Tennis was fun. My team lost which really irks my competitive side, but nonetheless we had a lot of fun.

Go to the gym. At the gym I start thinking about the guy that owns the gym. He started with one in Chelsea now he owns three gyms and two tanning salons. Hit the treadmill after some weights and all I can think about is snow cones. What is God saying? Random I know right.

I drive home, take a shower, and I sit in my chair. These days when I pray I try to be on the ground, sometimes in my meditation corner, sometimes just in the floor. I was in my chair because I was tired. I started to pray and felt very sleepy. My prayer started out, "Dear Lord, I just want to quit my job...I just want to work for myself...I just want to be free to live my life......." I fell asleep. I woke up about an hour later and crawled into my bed where my dreams resumed.

I feel like I'm just shooting in the dark. I'm not moving towards my dreams, but I'm not running from them either. I criticize people for waiting until opportunity knocks, rather than seizing the opportunity. I feel like I've become that. I'm just waiting for God to do it for me. Not cool.

No comments: