Tuesday, May 6, 2008

quién es listo para una fiesta

Ready for a fiesta?

In case you haven't heard, Josh and I are throwing a party this Saturday. The festivities should start around 5 and end whenever. Call/Txt/Email for the directions.

It is a funny feeling to want people to come over to my house. I honestly haven't felt like I've had a home for a long time; ever since I moved out as a freshman.

Its not that I didn't enjoy the dorms, apartments, tents, the Glasgow's. I just really never felt like I was home. When I would think about sleeping, I would not think about sleeping in my bed in Debbie's basement. I would just fall asleep wherever I was at. It was kinda like, where I lay my head that's my home for that moment.

Then I got a house about five months ago, and it is really starting to feel like home. I think it feels like home not because my stuff is there, but because it is my project. There are things that need to be done, and I am the only one that can do them.

You know that's a bit of a weird feeling for me. I want people to come to my house. I finally have something to show off.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Iam excited for you and your new home, I can't wait to have a place to call home myself!! I know you'll have a GREAT fiesta, sorry Iam gonna miss it!!