Friday, September 5, 2008

Ramblings

Strike Zone is playing the Fish tonight. I am really excited about it. There's a lot of hype surrounding the show because of All In's CD release and the new "cool" band Year One. We are playing first so if you're coming get there early. We've cut our set-list down considerably, and I'm not sure how that's going to go. In all, we probably only have about 20 minutes worth of music. We should either get on the ball with these new songs or keep playing some of the old favorites.

I am very tired. Not enough sleep the last couple of days.

This weekend I am going to be domestic. I was debating on working at my house or going to the leadership retreat. I feel like working in my yard/garage and then having a beer sounds like the right plan :) This is what I hope to accomplish: till up my garden, replant my garden, plant a tree, sweep the driveway, clean the garage, build workbench. I've been meaning to build that stupid bench for months. That is truly the project that may never be completed.

I've enjoyed my youth duties this week for the most part. We are making great progress on the lock-ins and we've come up with some really amazing/out-of-the-box ideas. The team is phenomenal, I could have never imagined some of this stuff.

I've been reading some of the classifieds on CraigsList. If you've ever been to CL you know what I'm talking about. I wonder if I should put something on there, and if I did what would it say. Probably something like: insanely hot 24 year youth minister/software engineer looking for cool chick with no drama who wants to be friends first. Of course then I'd have to put my picture on there.

I'm worried about my brother, again. He lost his girlfriend, again. He's been very quiet and reserved, not wanting to talk to anyone about anything...again. Last time it was bad, but I was living with him so I felt like I could kinda keep an eye on him.

Grace and Peace, Zane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

random,and nothing to do with this blog,but did you read my post about atheism/christianity in the hardcore scene?if not,you should.love you man,stoked for tonight,see you then!

Anonymous said...

Play old favorites.